cross_module function overloading & alias & template: how to ?

Picaud Vincent via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 10 09:41:02 PST 2016

On Thursday, 10 November 2016 at 17:12:32 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Thursday, November 10, 2016 15:46:11 Picaud Vincent via
> Digitalmars-d- learn wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Honestly, I'm surprised that the compiler let you alias
> std.algorithm.comparison.min, because it's a templated
> function, and in the
> case of templates, you alias instantiations of templates, not
> the templates
> themselves. std.algorithm.comparison.min is just a template for
> a function,
> not an actual function. Something like
> std.algorithm.comparison.min!(int, int) would be an actual
> function.
>
> [...]

Hi Jonathan,

I just read your answer, thank you a lot
Unfortunately I have not the time right now to answer (I am
leaving my job it is 6:53PM).
I will answer later.
However I just created a github repo to reproduce my observations:

https://github.com/vincent-picaud/DLang_overloading

It is certainly a compiler problem: I used gdc -> compile error,
but with dmd it compiles and runs fine. Full details in the git
repo.

More answers later... I have to leave