cross_module function overloading & alias & template: how to ?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 10 12:12:10 PST 2016

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 17:41:02 Picaud Vincent via Digitalmars-d-
learn wrote:
> It is certainly a compiler problem: I used gdc -> compile error,
> but with dmd it compiles and runs fine. Full details in the git
> repo.

Don't bother with gdc at this point. Unless there's a development version of
it that's actually up-to-date and hasn't been released yet, it's too old to
be reliable with regards to what correct D is. If something doesn't work in
gdc, it could easily be because of a bug that has since been fixed.
Unfortunately, the gdc folks have never managed to release an updated gdc
that uses the D version of the compiler front-end, so as I understand it,
they're still stuck at 2.067 (which is over 2 years old), whereas dmd is now
at 2.072. ldc should be reasonably up-to-date if you want an alternative to
dmd, and I expect that the gdc guys will get there eventually, but they
haven't yet.

- Jonathan M Davis