cross_module function overloading & alias & template: how to ?

Picaud Vincent via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 10 14:27:45 PST 2016

On Thursday, 10 November 2016 at 20:12:10 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Thursday, November 10, 2016 17:41:02 Picaud Vincent via
> Digitalmars-d- learn wrote:
>> It is certainly a compiler problem: I used gdc -> compile
>> error, but with dmd it compiles and runs fine. Full details in
>> the git repo.
>
> Don't bother with gdc at this point. Unless there's a
> development version of it that's actually up-to-date and hasn't
> been released yet, it's too old to be reliable with regards to
> what correct D is. If something doesn't work in gdc, it could
> easily be because of a bug that has since been fixed.
> Unfortunately, the gdc folks have never managed to release an
> updated gdc that uses the D version of the compiler front-end,
> so as I understand it, they're still stuck at 2.067 (which is
> over 2 years old), whereas dmd is now at 2.072. ldc should be
> reasonably up-to-date if you want an alternative to dmd, and I
> expect that the gdc guys will get there eventually, but they
> haven't yet.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I just have compiled my example with ldc and everything is ok!
I was not aware of that concerning gdc. Thank you for this
information, I lost around 2 hours struggling with initial code
trying to guess what was wrong.
Conclusion: now I will only use ldc and dmd.
Thanks to Steven too for his clarification concerning
template<->symbol
Vincent