the best language I have ever met(?)

Igor Shirkalin via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 18 11:26:56 PST 2016

On Friday, 18 November 2016 at 18:14:41 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Welcome, Igor!
Hello, Teoh!

> Your sentiments reflect mine years ago when I first discovered
> D.  I came from a C/C++/Perl background.  It was also Andrei's
> book that got me started; in those early days documentation was
> scant and I didn't know how to write idiomatic D code. But
> after I found TDPL, the rest was history. :-)
I was a little bit afraid of my missunderstanding in terms of
sentiments. You've got me right (I don't quite feel the meaning
of that in these non-cyrillic letters:). But what I understand is
the path you have walked and what I have in my mind.
Simple example about D: I spent two hours to write a line
(borrowed from Python), related with lazy calculations, but
finally I got it with deep great thinking, and it was like
understanding of Moon alienation from Earth.

> We have a few Russians on this forum, and I can understand some
> Russian too. Though on this mailing list English is the
> language to use.
Sure, I don't have any doubt of it. I hope to be one of russian
understandables here:)

> Your English is understandable. That's good enough, I think. :-)
Thank you, Teoh. That is very important for me to hear.

What is your using of D?
For me it is tool to develope other tools.

Igor