Where should I dump workarounds?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 30 11:01:37 PST 2016

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 18:50:42 Dukc via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 November 2016 at 18:26:32 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Luckily, I have made a branch for my stuff instead of using
> master. But thanks for the help, now I know that it does not
> matter where I create the other branch for that workaround
> because I can rebase it after I have used it to test my stuff.
>
> I just hope I don't screw the whole thing up with git commands...

Worst case, you copy your changes elsewhere, blow away your branch, create a
new one, and then copy your changes back. So, I expect that you'll be fine.
git takes some getting used to, but after a bit of practice, it usually
isn't a problem unless you're trying to do something particularly
complicated or abnormal. It has the right model for how it works. It just
isn't as good with the CLI as it should be. But at least we get the
"porcelain" layer. If we were stuck with what Linus had done with the CLI
originally, git would never have gone anywhere.

- Jonathan M Davis