May be a simple dub answer if my question even makes sense?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 23 23:05:11 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 at 02:33:22 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:

> I see that dub has all the .d import files already placed in
> C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-gl3-1.0.19\derelict-gl3\source\derelict\opengl3
>
> and
> C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-glfw3-3.1.0\derelict-glfw3\source\derelict\glfw3
>
> which should have all the definitions.  Is their an elegant way
> that I can tell dub to where these definitions? Or do I just
> have to brute force all the -I paths?

You don't have to specify the paths of dependencies. dub knows
where they are and will make sure the compiler knows, too.

> I assume there is a slick way of specifying this because what
> happens when say glfw3-3.1.0 gets bumped up to 3.1.1?

Then you execute 'dub upgrade' in the directory where your dub
configuration resides. As long as you have the version of each
dependency specified properly, it will do the right thing (TIP:
use ~>x.x.x for versions, rather than >=x.x.x -- the former will
restrict you to patch-level upgrades, e.g. 3.1.0 -> 3.1.1 and
never 3.2, while the latter would happily go from 3.x -> 4.0 if
it's available, often a breaking change).

Did you import the derelict modules you're using in your app.d?