How to build GUI-based applications in D ?

aberba via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 5 00:10:50 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 3 August 2017 at 10:02:19 UTC, ashit wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 16:12:45 UTC, Dukc wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 15:18:12 UTC, ashit wrote:
>>> i couldn't set control's width and height (Button widget)
>>> shows error. maybe it works a different way.
>>
>> 1. Try layoutHeight/width. Remember to set it for the main
>> widget too, not just the children of it.
>>
>> 2. DlangUI is not intended to define sizes in pixels as a
>> standard practice. Instead, use layouts and layout sizes. This
>> is intended to courage you to make your program
>> resolution-agnostic.
>>
>> But I'm a beginner at this topic too. Take these with a grain
>> of salt
>
> thank you Dukc
>
> it worked, i should adapt with this different naming style. (as
> comparing to C#)
> [yesterday]
> but today, when i went to create another project, it failed.
> i get this message:
>
> D:\ashit\documents\D\simpled>dub init simpled dlangui
> Couldn't find package: dlangui.
>
> it works without the "dlangui" option, but then when i execute
> run command:
>
> D:\ashit\documents\D\simpled>dub run
> Performing "debug" build using dmd for x86.
> simpled ~master: building configuration "application"...
> source\app.d(2,8): Error: module dlangui is in file 'dlangui.d'
> which cannot be
> read
> import path[0] = source
> import path[1] = C:\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos
> import path[2] = C:\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\druntime\import
> dmd failed with exit code 1.
>
> this is the path i have extracted the dlangui files:
>
>     D:\ashit\software\D Compiler\DlangUI\dlangui-master
>
> how to define dlangui for DUB?

The DlangUI docs has you covered with everything you need to set
it up both on the github README file or the github wiki.

Its just:

dub init PROJECT_NAME dlangui

This will create project and add dlangui as dependency. Creating
a project requires Internet connection to download the dlangui
package. You may also add dlangui as a dependency in the
project's dub.json file.