How to build GUI-based applications in D ?

ashit via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 3 03:02:19 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 16:12:45 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 15:18:12 UTC, ashit wrote:
>> i couldn't set control's width and height (Button widget)
>> shows error. maybe it works a different way.
>
> 1. Try layoutHeight/width. Remember to set it for the main
> widget too, not just the children of it.
>
> 2. DlangUI is not intended to define sizes in pixels as a
> standard practice. Instead, use layouts and layout sizes. This
> is intended to courage you to make your program
> resolution-agnostic.
>
> But I'm a beginner at this topic too. Take these with a grain
> of salt

thank you Dukc

it worked, i should adapt with this different naming style. (as
comparing to C#)
[yesterday]
but today, when i went to create another project, it failed.
i get this message:

D:\ashit\documents\D\simpled>dub init simpled dlangui
Couldn't find package: dlangui.

it works without the "dlangui" option, but then when i execute
run command:

D:\ashit\documents\D\simpled>dub run
Performing "debug" build using dmd for x86.
simpled ~master: building configuration "application"...
source\app.d(2,8): Error: module dlangui is in file 'dlangui.d'
which cannot be
read
import path[0] = source
import path[1] = C:\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos
import path[2] = C:\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\druntime\import
dmd failed with exit code 1.

this is the path i have extracted the dlangui files:

     D:\ashit\software\D Compiler\DlangUI\dlangui-master

how to define dlangui for DUB?