D on AArch64 CPU

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 5 23:58:27 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 06:26:57 UTC, David J Kordsmeier
wrote:
> Also, why I don't look at LDC further, I think RAM on the
> embedded devices is still pretty skimpy, Raspi3 only has 1GB
> ram.
>  It's not great for compiling with the LLVM-based things and
> probably run OOM.  Other devices I have only have 512MB ram.
> So gcc is usually fine in these circumstances.

Don't know about gdc, but ldc is close (most of the listed
upstream PRs are merged):

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2153

As for memory, ldc can be used to cross-compile from a more
capable machine, the official builds all ship with the AArch64
backend enabled now:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.3.0

The next ldc beta will ship with a build tool that lets you
easily compile or cross-compile the stdlib yourself, so you can
generate the stdlib for AArch64 even if it isn't provided:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2253