D on AArch64 CPU

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 9 01:37:53 PDT 2017

Am Sun, 14 May 2017 15:05:08 +0000
schrieb Richard Delorme <abulmo at club-internet.fr>:

> I recently bought the infamous Raspberry pi 3, which has got a
> cortex-a53 4 cores 1.2 Ghz CPU (Broadcom). After installing on it
> a 64 bit OS (a non official fedora 25), I was wondering if it was
> possible to install a D compiler on it.
>

> I finally try GDC, on 6.3 gcc, and with support of version 2.68
> of the D language. After struggling a little on a few
> phobos/druntime files, I got a compiler here too:
> $ gdc --version
> gdc (GCC) 6.3.0
> Copyright © 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Iain recently updated GDC & phobos up to 2.074 and we have a pull
request for 2.075. So don't worry about fixing old GDC phobos/druntime
versions, recent gdc git branches should already have AArch64 phobos
changes.

We have a test runner for AArch and GDC master here:
https://buildbot.dgnu.org/#/builders/2/builds/29

There are still some failing test suite tests though and AFAICS we
currently don't build phobos on that CI at all.

(We can run ARM/AArch tests without special hardware, thanks to
QEMU's user mode emulation)

-- Johannes