Fix gtkD api display

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 10 06:57:46 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 14:02:09 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
> One issue is the shear size of the generated documentation,
> though the current version of ddox no longer generates a ton of
> unused files bringing the size down from 15-20GB to a mere 2GB.

what?! I'm not actually sure how much gtk alone takes, but my
entire doc folder is 4 GB, including a good chunk of the dub
repo, phobos, druntime, my stuff, search indexes, archives, etc.

I guess it is possible the gtkd is 2 GB of that, but at least it
isn't 20.

> The need to go trough the empty module page when browsing the
> documentation. For a lot / most? functions the complete
> documentation is in the overview defeating the purpose of the
> one page per artifact.

If you guys are interested, I can do a custom adrdox for gtk that:

* reads more of the gtk syntax
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk-doc-manual/stable/documenting_syntax.html.en

* recognizes the one-item-per-module pattern and skips the empty
pages

* has a style more like https://gtkd.org/index.html

* Maybe a few other little things?

> And im not a big fan of the one page per artifact style of
> documentation.

Oh, it is so much better in a lot of ways.