DerelictGL3 reload crashes in 32 builds

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 23 05:43:45 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 22 August 2017 at 16:54:24 UTC, Igor wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 August 2017 at 12:03:18 UTC, Igor wrote:
>> On Monday, 21 August 2017 at 12:38:28 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>>>
>>> Have you tried to compile outside of VisualD?
>>
>> Hmmm... I though I tried running with just typing dub which
>> should use m32 by default as far as I know and got the error.
>> I will check one more time this evening. But LDC 32bit builds
>> crash for sure. Note that I committed a version last night
>> where I commented out the Derelict.reload call, so just make
>> sure it is not commented before trying it out.
>
> I must have remembered it wrong. I just tried it again and DMD
> 32bit debug build works. It is DMD 32bit release build that is
> not working. When I run dub --build=release --force I get:
> Error object.Error@(0): Access Violation
> ----------------
> 0x59BED731
> 0x5A6202C9 in wglGetProcAddress
> 0x004103B6
> 0x0040DC80
> 0x0040C691
> Program exited with code 1

Apologies. Between the time I read your initial post and the time
I tried to reproduce the issue, the fact that you explicitly
mentioned it happens in release builds slipped my mind. I'm able
to reproduce this. I've add a link to this thread in the issue
report linked above. Please put future comments there. I'll set
some time aside on Friday to see if I can sort this out. Thanks!