DerelictGL3 reload crashes in 32 builds

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 23 05:59:38 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 22 August 2017 at 12:03:18 UTC, Igor wrote:

> In the meantime can you tell me these two things:
>
> 1. How come DerelictGLES only has:
> static if( Derelict_OS_Windows ) ...
> else static if( Derelict_OS_Posix && !Derelict_OS_Mac )...
> when GLES is primarily intended for mobile platforms as far as
> I know. What should I use for Android then?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. There are a few static
if(Derelict_OS_Android) blocks in there as well.

That said, DerelictGLES is nowhere near ready for primetime. If
you check the release list, there has been precisely one release:
0.0.1 in July 2015, when I first added Windows support. Since
then, I've made one commit to fix a bug.

The problem is the person who was the original maintainer hasn't
been around in quite some time, I don't use OpenGL ES, and I've
never touched the Android Developer Kit. The binding isn't even
up to date with the latest DerelictUtil.

The Windows and Linux should both be working, buggy perhaps but
usable. It's my intention to get it updated to the latest
DerelictUtil at some point and test it across ANGLE, the AMD
developer kit, and other implementations that exist, including
MoltenGL on OS X. However, it is not a priority for me at all
right now. Moreover, it's unlikely I'll ever touch the Android
bits.

I'm happy to add anyone to DerelictOrg who is willing to take on
the task of DerelictGLES maintenance.

> 2. I see that DerelictGL3 used to have wglext.d file where
> wglSwapIntervalEXT was loaded. How can I get access to this
> function now since I can't find it anywhere in the latest
> version?

Before I bring 2.0 out of beta, I will add support for
platform-specific extensions via the existing mixin
infrastructure. I'll also most likely add support for mixing in
and loading the system API functions to completely eliminate the
current link-time dependency for those who choose to use them.