Clarify "Starting as a Contributor" document

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:13:41 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 10 December 2017 at 08:18:17 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> This page is very good:
>
>   https://wiki.dlang.org/Starting_as_a_Contributor
>
> I need clarifications

Another oddity: Someone has apparently made DRuntime build to use
../dmd/generated/windows/32/dmd instead of the "system" dmd
recently. Perhaps the idea here is that I do not have to go
replacing my system dmd anymore.

But the problem is that when I build dmd, for some reason, the
build file deletes that generated dmd at the end. Can be resolved
by moving the dmd manually to that directory, but that is not
explained at the web page. Should we tweak dmd to build into the
generated directory instead of working directory, or tweak
DRuntime to use ../dmd/src/dmd instead? Or am I missing something?