Hello, folks! Newbie to D, have some questions!

berni via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 18 14:17:30 PST 2017

I'm new here too (never heard of D before 2017).

> c). The whole community seems infused with both the Feminism/SJW

I didn't tried out Rust, but that would draw me away too.
(Incidentally it was a comment on alternatives for Rust, that
pointed me to D.)

> 2. I am also curious as to what would be the best path for a
> complete beginner to D to learn it effectively?

I started with the online version of the book of Ali Çehreli but
after a while I decided to buy it and was impressed on its size
(more than 700 pages!). Meanwhile I'm halfway through.

At the same time I'm working on a project of mine, which I just
started writing in C++ last december, because I couldn't find a
better language and thought I had to bite the bullet. Meanwhile
it's completely rewritten in D (but two lines of C code that I
need to use a C-libraray). Whenever I came across a new concept
in the book I tried to refactor that project using this concept.

This approach worked very well for me. (And I appreciate this
Learn-forum, because else I'd not dare to ask my seemingly silly
questions.)

You wrote:
> ... area thoroughly!The introspection ...

I just realised, how much I'm thinking in D allready when I saw
this: At first glance I wondered, what this thoroughly-template
is about... ;-)