Debugging D applications from VS code with webfreak.debug

WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 23 08:30:08 PST 2017

On Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 16:28:26 UTC, FR wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> as the subject says, I'm trying to get a debugger running with
> visual studio code on windows.
> I have installed WebFreak001's code-d and debug extensions but
> fail to figure out how to install a working debugger. The gdb I
> have installed is part of a MinGW installation and complains
> about the file format of the executable, I'm unsure if there's
> soemthing wrong there.
> I could not figure out how to obtain mago-mi to try that one,
> either.
> I'd appreciate any help or pointers to resources on how to get
> this running, as I otherwise really like the workflow with
> code-d.
>
> Cheers,
>
> FR

I don't know how to build mago-mi either, but you can obtain it
from the bundle with dlangide
https://github.com/buggins/dlangide/releases/download/v0.6.11/dlangide-v0_6_11-bin-win32_x86-magomi-v0_3_1.zip

With GDB it should just work though, if you can run `gdb` from
the command line. If you can only run it through some MinGW
command line version, try running vscode over the command line
there