Checking, whether string contains only ascii.

berni via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 23 11:56:59 PST 2017

On Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 17:44:05 UTC, HeiHon wrote:
> Generally postscript files may contain binary data.
> Think of included images or font data.
> So in postscript files there should normally be no utf-8
> encoded text, but binary data are quite usual.
> Think of postscript files as a sequence of ubytes.

As far as I know, images and font data have to be in clean7bit
too (they are not human readable though). But postscript files
can contain preview images, which can be binary. I know about
this. I just tried to keep my question simple -- and actually I'm
only testing part of the postscript file, where I know, that
binary data must not occur.