Recommend: IDE and GUI library

XavierAP via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 24 14:44:55 PST 2017

Hi I've looked at wiki.dlang.org/IDEs, and I see that Visual D is
linked from dlang.org/download.html. Still I was looking for
personal opinions and experiences beyond hard specs, I wonder if
one of the IDEs is already dominant at least for each OS for any
good reason.

My requirements are quite ordinary: make x64, debug, go to
definition, manage projects, code completion. My platform is
Windows; interested if the choice would be different for Linux,
if the same nice, otherwise I'd prefer to use whatever is best on
each OS.

And second question, is DWT the de facto standard for creating
GUIs? Or are there good competitors.

Sorry if I'm asking something too obvious, though I've looked
around for answers before. And I've also searched the forum but
really equivalent questions were over 2 years old and many things
may have changed.
Thanks!