Android Status

Ignacious via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 2 03:47:52 PST 2017

On Monday, 2 January 2017 at 03:08:10 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 January 2017 at 09:34:24 UTC, Ignacious wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you try
>>>
>>> sudo apt-get install libconfig9
>>>
>>> I don't know if that will install something different, but
>>> it's the command I see others using online.  Otherwise, check
>>> if the libconfig++9 package you installed included
>>> libconfig.so.9, which is what ldc is linked against.  If not,
>>> install the package that provides that library.  The wiki
>>> mentions installing libconfig-dev, you could always just
>>> install that if nothing else works.
>>>

>> That is what I used to get it on there in the first place...
>> but the ldc compiler still could not find it.
>>
>> The problem seems to be where ldc2 is looking for
>> libconfig.so.9 rather than it being installed or not.
>>
>> How do I either know where it is looking for where to put it?
>
> You said you installed libconfig++9, which an apt search shows
> me is a different package than libconfig9, that includes a
> library named differently.  As I said, are you sure that
> particular libconfig.so.9 library is installed?
>
> If it is, manually adding its path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the
> way to make sure it's found.

Ok, I didn't realize they were different packages.

I now get the error

./bin/ldmd2: error while loading shared libraries:
libncursesw.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

and trying to install libncursesw is missing. I tried installing
libncurses5 and it worked, but, of course, not version 6 or
whatever. tried various things... nothing works.

./bin/ldc2: error while loading shared libraries:
libncursesw.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I downloaded the sources. I had to install gcc, make, then I did
./configure --enable-widec
(http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1161942), then
ran make.. I end up getting the errors

make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/b/c/test'
cd misc && make DESTDIR="" all
make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/b/c/misc'
WHICH_XTERM=xterm-new \
         ticdir=/usr/share/terminfo \
         /bin/sh ./gen_edit.sh >run_tic.sed
echo '** adjusting tabset paths'
** adjusting tabset paths
sed -f run_tic.sed ../misc/terminfo.src >terminfo.tmp
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/b/c/misc'
cd c++ && make DESTDIR="" all
make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/b/c/c++'
cp ./etip.h.in etip.h
sh ./edit_cfg.sh ../include/ncurses_cfg.h etip.h
substituting autoconf'd values from ../include/ncurses_cfg.h into
etip.h
... CPP_HAS_PARAM_INIT 0
... CPP_HAS_STATIC_CAST 0
... ETIP_NEEDS_MATH_EXCEPTION 0
... ETIP_NEEDS_MATH_H 0
... HAVE_BUILTIN_H 0
... HAVE_GPP_BUILTIN_H 0
... HAVE_GXX_BUILTIN_H 0
... HAVE_IOSTREAM 0
... HAVE_TYPEINFO 0
... HAVE_VALUES_H 0
... IOSTREAM_NAMESPACE 0
cd ../objects;   -I../c++ -I../include -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -I. -I../include  -c ../c++/cursesf.cc
/bin/sh: 1: -I../c++: not found
make[1]: *** [../objects/cursesf.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/b/c/c++'
make: *** [all] Error 2

So, now I do not know what to do next.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libncurses6

(This is why I hate working linux, so much obfuscation... so many
potential points of failure)

Also, once I go through all this trouble, I have to do it again
for the arm verson(using x86-64 ldc)? Can I install on the same
system or will the libraries conflict and I'll have to go through
all this mess again?