Learning resources

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 24 14:53:14 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 24 January 2017 at 20:15:38 UTC, Dlearner wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> I'm learning programming through D and having a really good
> time (much better than with C++ or Python).  I'm aiming to make
> little games with it as a hobby so I've learned some OpenGL
> stuff.
> But, I feel like I'm learning more library code rather than D
> concepts and idioms, especially where efficiency and
> performance are concerned.  (I also have a light interest in
> functional programming for when it would make sense to employ
> those principles.)
>
> Are there any tutorials that show off the power of D with
> worked examples that explain the importance of certain features?

This sounds like exactly what you want:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/d-cookbook  It's
not on sale right now, but if you've got the money, it's
definitely worth it.

While it's not a cookbook, this one is good too:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/learning-d

Some others if you haven't seen them:
http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html
https://wiki.dlang.org/Tutorials