D and .lib files. C++/Other?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 1 11:53:17 PDT 2017

On 2017-07-01 20:13, Damien Gibson wrote:
> Hi... A while back i had some issues with making a usable dll file, to
> which i did manage to figure out... Though while trying to use it with
> C++ i kept getting an error about a corrupted lib file...

Not sure if this is the issue you're having, but if you're using .lib
files on Windows, note that DMD, the D compiler, will by default, on
32bit, output a format (OMF) that is not compatible what Visual Studio
is using (COFF). For 64bit, DMD outputs COFF .lib files. For 32bit, use
the -m32mscoff flag.

> I had in mind the idea to create a few dlls as me and a few
> friends(Mixed between C++ users and D) but as the issue above I'm not
> sure if I'm doing something wrong or if that's just not a possibility,
> I'm not quite sure WHAT I'm needing to look for to find the information
> about .lib files and how the work and all that cause i haven't been able
> to find anything if there is anything.

Mixing C++ and D DLLs should work. If you're statically linking the DLL,
which requires import libraries on Windows, you might have the above issue.

--
/Jacob Carlborg