It makes me sick!

Arafel via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 28 06:39:42 PDT 2017

On 07/28/2017 03:29 PM, Mike Parker wrote:

> The D installer completely uninstalls the previous installation. Anyone
> who chooses to instead manually extract the zip file should manually
> delete the previous installation to avoid potential problems. As
> Jonathan said earlier, overwriting works most of the time, but whenever
> anything is removed, issues like this can crop up.

To me the only issue would be that (one of) the documentation pages [1]
only talks about the zip file. I think it should be made clearer that
the installer is the recommended / supported way, and that the zip is
only meant for experts (with a recommendation to uncompress to a clean
directory to avoid problems).

I know this page is not the MAIN "download" [2] page, but it's both
reached from the "About" link, and as the first google hit for "dlang
download windows", so it should be kept as up to date as possible.

[1]: https://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html#installation
[2]: https://dlang.org/download.html