Error 1: Previous Definition Different : _D3gtk3All12__ModuleInfoZ (gtk.All.__ModuleInfo)

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 29 17:10:48 PDT 2017

Am Fri, 28 Jul 2017 22:53:52 +0000
schrieb FoxyBrown <Foxy at Brown.IPT>:

> After upgrading to latest dmd and having to rebuild gtk, I now
> get the following error
>
>   Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
> _D3gtk3All12__ModuleInfoZ (gtk.All.__ModuleInfo)
>

> in my apps that were previously working(no changes, opened up old
> app and tried to build it and it didn't work). All I did was
> upgrade dmd2.

Expect potential changes to the ABI in every Dlang version.
After a compiler upgrade you have to rebuild all libraries.
That's why for the Gentoo Linux packages I maintain, there is
a separate library path for each Dlang version, compiler
vendor and architecture (i.e. 32-bit/64-bit). That way an
upgrade doesn't affect existing apps at the cost of manually
maintaining the list of compilers (and versions) you want to
install GtkD for.

> So tired of D and it's crap ;/ So unstable in so many ways. About
> 10% as productive overall than other languages I've used.  It's
> error messages are about as helpful as a rock.

Error messages did get better, but generic functions will
always end up looking more verbose than e.g. errors for C
function calls.

--
Marco