Deprecated std.c.*.socket and missing replacement

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 27 10:58:29 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:46:39 PM MDT Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-
learn wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 11:16:17 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > Create a PR to add it to druntime and/or define it in your own
> > code.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Creating a PR sounds reasonable. But I would have to create one
> PR to remove them from phobos and one PR to add them to druntime,
> right? (I need to remove them since the phobos socket modules
> import the druntime ones, create duplicates if not removed)
>
> I see that std.c.windows.winsock simply publicly imports
> core.sys.windows.winsock2, that looks like a good approach.

Why would you need to remove anything from Phobos? The enum in question is
in a deprecated module. All that should need to happen is that the enum be
added to the appropriate module in druntime, and then any code that uses it
can import it from there.

- Jonathan M Davis