Mixing libraries

Jordan Wilson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 1 18:27:03 PST 2017

On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 01:02:39 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 March 2017 at 16:12:06 UTC, bauss wrote:
>

>> There is a better binding.
>>
>> dsfml.
>>
>> You can find it here: http://dsfml.com/
>
> DSFML technically is not a binding (even though it says such on
> the web site). It's a wrapper that D-ifies the SFML API. The
> SFML functions are not callable directly, as they are all
> declared privately. DerelictSFML is strictly a binding, with no
> attempt to wrap anything. A wrapper like DSFML could be
> implemented on top of DerelictSFML.
>
> So yes, it's better if what you really want is a wrapper.

Ah yes, I think you explain the difference between
wrapper/binding in one of the Derelict docs.

I'm currently working through a ebook on Game Dev with SFML...the
examples are all C++.
I don't have any trouble translating it to the equivalent C
bindings (so far anyway), but perhaps in the long run using dsfml
will be easier (for example, I found using Iup4d easier than the
straight C Iup bindings).