Building a project with CMAKE

berni via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 4 10:45:22 PST 2017

On Saturday, 4 March 2017 at 10:02:15 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> If you think you have a good testcase, it's nice for compiler
> devs like me to open a new thread about the difference that you
> found between the compilers (so that we can try and improve
> things).

I'm not sure, if my "testcase" is generally a good one.

Here is some background: In the last 10 years I developed about
200 programs for checking logical puzzles (like sudoku), all
written in java. About a year ago I decided to make these
programs free software. But as I have to refactor them anyway and
I dislike java meanwhile I decided to change the language when
doing so.

I decided on a special puzzle type, called double mine (similar
to minesweeper, but in every row and column, there have to be
exactly two mines and mines may not touch, not even diagonally),
to check out different languages. Speed was just one criterion
when doing this.

At that time D wasn't among the candidates, because I did not
know of this language at all. I added D later (with almost no
knowledge about D) and checked out all three compilers.

If you think, this program could be usefull for you, I can email
it to you...