Error: out of memory

XavierAP via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 18 15:59:18 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 18 March 2017 at 20:39:20 UTC, StarGrazer wrote:

> about 2GB before it quites. It also only uses about 12% of cpu.
>
> I have 16 GB total memory and about that free. Surely dmd could
> do a better job? Any way to get it to do such a thing like set
> the maximum amount of memory it can use?

Any 32-bit process gets 2 GB of memory space, regardless of how
much physical memory you have.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/aa366778.aspx

If you used a 64-bit version of dmd your problems should go
away... If the binary for Windows isn't available from the
downloads here, you can try compiling it from source yourself...
But I'm sure someone somewhere has done it already. Or you can
try another compiler such as GDC, which is available for Windows
x64.

Also 12.5% probably means 100% of one of 8 cores in your CPU.