COM2D Wrapper

Nierjerson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 27 14:02:05 PDT 2017

On Friday, 24 March 2017 at 18:17:31 UTC, Nierjerson wrote:
> I'd like to present the following D library I am working on:
>
> https://github.com/IllusionSoftware/COM2D
>
> It attempts to automate COM in D.
>
> It has some problems but does partially work. Those with a
> recent version of Adobe Photoshop and an interest in COM can
> try it out and make contributions if they would like to see it
> progress.
>
> The goal is to completely remove the necessity to use COM api
> in D and simply use D directly.
>
> When executing the application, photoshop should start up. One
> must use a debugger or modify the main.d app to see what is
> happening. So far, only the top most interface is working as
> aggregates have not been handled.
>
> If anyone is interested in seeing this through, maybe we can
> collaborate to get a fully functional implementation.

Anyone can help get this working? I think the issue maybe that
the interface pointer returned by the COM interface is "C-like"
and doesn't match what D expects an interface to be. I get access
violations when trying to call the functions on the returned
interfaces. Not sure about this though.

Thanks.