How to continue after the book?

XavierAP via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 28 07:49:30 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 at 07:27:31 UTC, I Lindström wrote:

> I do have a need for which I've been trying out a few languages
> and D seems by far the best for me. Should I just start doing
> that project and learn as I go by googling and asking here, or
> are there some other things you did before starting your first
> "real" project.

If you have a project in mind and that's the reason why you've
looked into D, just start it now. After reading a book and
preferably before, doing is the way to learn programming.

Worst case, you'll decide later to re-design a lot of your code.
But you will have used your time in learning much more, more
relevant for your specific needs, than with any toy exercises.