D on AArch64 CPU

kinke via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 14 09:15:52 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 14 May 2017 at 15:11:09 UTC, Richard Delorme wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 May 2017 at 15:05:08 UTC, Richard Delorme wrote:
>
> I did not touch at std.conv nor std.stdio. On LDC, the only
> modification concerned math.d and gammafuntion.d, missing
> support for 128-bit floating points. On GDC, I had to complete
> the errno.d file (under linux the errors are duplicated among
> different architectures, the aarch64 being forgotten). I also
> had to modify the math.d files, taking inspiration from the
> file from the LDC compiler.
>
> So my questions:
>  - Does anybody got a working compiler on AArch64?

Almost certainly no.

>  - To me the bug looks the same on both compilers, so I do not
> no where the fill a bug, to ldc? gdc? dmd? Or should I wait for
> an offcial support of this architecture?

LDC has open AArch64 issues.
One is about quadruple-real support in Phobos
(https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/1516), with first
(suspended) steps towards that goal pending upstream (as all
non-DMD compilers need this at some point;
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4036,
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4047).
The other LDC issue concerns the ABI, especially varargs
(https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/1931).

None of the currently active LDC devs work with AArch64, so help
would be greatly appreciated.