Why is DUB not passing dll.def file to linker

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 21 04:42:02 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 10:53:42 UTC, Igor wrote:

> Dynamic libraries are not yet supported as dependencies -
> building as static library.

I see. And I'm not surprised. DLL support on Windows (at least in
DMD, not sure about LDC) is still not where it needs to be. I
don't know how much has changed since Benjiman Thaut's DConf talk
last year [1], but I don't recall any major announcements. I
expect there aren't a whole lot of people actively developing
shared libraries in D.

[1] http://dconf.org/2016/talks/thaut.html