Why is DUB not passing dll.def file to linker

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 21 04:47:15 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 11:42:02 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 10:53:42 UTC, Igor wrote:
>

>> Dynamic libraries are not yet supported as dependencies -
>> building as static library.
>
> I see. And I'm not surprised. DLL support on Windows (at least
> in DMD, not sure about LDC) is still not where it needs to be.
> I don't know how much has changed since Benjiman Thaut's DConf
> talk last year [1], but I don't recall any major announcements.
> I expect there aren't a whole lot of people actively developing
> shared libraries in D.
>
> [1] http://dconf.org/2016/talks/thaut.html

So what I would try in your situation is to add three new
configurations to the exeProject's dub.json. Use the "platforms"
directive to limit one to "windows-x86", another to
"windows-x86_64", and leave the other one empty. List the empty
one last and it should become the default on non-Windows
platforms. Move your preBuildCommands directive to the
windows-x86 configuration, and copy it to the windows-x86_64
configuration with the addition of "-ax86_64" to the "dub build"
command.