How do i find a list of the methods Object implements, or maybe just locate the 'write' method?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Wed Nov 8 12:48:41 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 at 12:17:14 UTC, bauss wrote:
> That's because the module name becomes `write` then.

yeah I knew that.

I was trying to demonstrate how (when the module name is
'write'), then the compiler is ok with:

o.write;

but not:

write(o);

even though semantically they are meant to mean the same thing.

I also thought it was interesting the GDC doesn't seem to default
the module namespace to the name of the file, or if it does, then
it doesn't seem to have any conflict in resolving the correct
namespace for the two statements(unlike DMD and LDC). Apparently
its a bug in LDC (but personally, it's a bug I like).

Since the original post mentioned using gdc on debian, I just
wanted to point this out - because it caught be my surprise a few
days ago (as I test my code across different compilers, on
different platforms).