ESR on post-C landscape

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:20:44 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 10:40:50 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 09:26:49 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>>
>> I don't think Go is much affected by the corporate…
>
> Umm....
>
> "We made the language to help make google more productive and
> helpful internally" - Rob Pike

I know, I followed the debate for a while, but that sounds much
more like a defence of their own minimalistic aesthetics (which
they don't deny) than a corporate requirement. With a different
team Go most certainly would have exceptions and generics, like
Dart. Makes no sense to claim that their server programmers are
less skilled than their front end programmers?