Json

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Nov 17 19:12:04 UTC 2017

On Friday, November 17, 2017 19:02:12 Mafi via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> What is the current best practice for parsing JSON in D? What
> library (on code.dlang.org) should I use?
>
> I do not want to (de-)serialize structs. Instead I want a simple
> DOM-API.
>
> Thank you very much :)

I've typically used http://code.dlang.org/packages/std_data_json which comes
from vibe.d and was a candidate for replacing std.json - though it didn't
complete the review process, and I'm not sure that Sonke is interested in
going through the effort of actually getting it into Phobos at this point
(if I understand correctly, there were too many disagreements over what the
final result should look like than there really being much wrong with
std_data_json). But overall, I've found that it works reasonably well -
certainly, it's better than using std.json. I don't know if it's quite what
you're looking for though.

Regardless, just searching on code.dlang.org gives plenty of hits for
libraries to try out if std_data_json doesn't suit your fancy.

- Jonathan M Davis