Andrei's "The D Programming Language" book. Up to date?

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Thu Oct 5 20:06:03 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 at 20:49:26 UTC, John Gabriele wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first message to this forum. And what a pleasure it
> is to be here. :)
>
> I was just looking around at what D books are available. I see
> that Andrei's "The D Programming Language" was published in
> 2010. What's changed in the language, library, and community
> since then that I should be aware of if following along with
> and learning from that book?
>
> Incidentally, is a new edition is on its way any time soon?
>
> Thanks!

I can only recommend his book. You get a "second-hand" insight
into all decisions of D2 and Andrei's writing style is very
vivid, so one can barely stop reading the book.

In case you are interested on the list of things that have
changed, there's http://erdani.com/tdpl/errata (it's mostly just
typos though).