Infuriating DUB/DMD build bug.

WhatMeForget kheaser at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 19:34:53 UTC 2017

On Friday, 6 October 2017 at 23:02:56 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Thursday, 5 October 2017 at 21:48:20 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:
>>
>> I've got a github project and using DUB with DMD and I keep
>> running into this problem. I've tried deleting the entire
>> ...\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages folder, but the
>> problem repeats the very next build attempt.
>>
>> [...]
>
> See my post in learn on dmd path.  The dmd path code was
> written in 1987 and could do with an update to process longer
> windows paths properly.  We are working on this and I guess a
> chance a pull request on Monday but it depends on what else
> comes up.  In any case it's a trivial fix.
>
> Presuming I am right about it being a path length problem.

I did! But i didn't say anything because i wasn't sure if they
were related. I'm pretty sure it is path related because the
exact same dub.sdl files work fine on Linux and MacOS. (It's a
cross platform project)

Glad it is a trivial fix. Curious what it involves.  Let me know
if I can help out in any way.  Mike Parker was kind enough to
show me a manual dub local workaround for this issue. But I'll
hold off now and see if your change does the fix.

If it does, it will be the best timed bug fix ever :)