Temporary objects as function parameters or when-is-this-shit-going-to-end?

Michael V. Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 03:29:03 UTC 2017

On Friday, 13 October 2017 at 11:54:38 UTC, Jack Applegame wrote:
> On Friday, 13 October 2017 at 11:21:48 UTC, Biotronic wrote:
>> BountySource[2] lets you do basically exactly that.
> My experience says that BountySource almost doesn't help.

It works if the bounty is worth someone sacrificing their free
time to do the work.  For example, I'd attempt fixing the bug if
the bounty were greater than $200, but I don't know if I'd be
successful, as I've only just started working working with the
DMD source code.

It would be nice if the D Foundation would do some kind of
creative incentivizing, such as prioritizing bugs, and matching
bounty contributions.

But even then, you might run the risk of the work being done, but
having the PR sit in purgatory for an indeterminate length of
time.

I'm not at all happy with the way D is managed, but I'm also
lacking any actionable solutions.

Mike