Temporary objects as function parameters or when-is-this-shit-going-to-end?

Michael V. Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 03:40:15 UTC 2017

On Monday, 16 October 2017 at 03:29:03 UTC, Michael V. Franklin
wrote:

>> My experience says that BountySource almost doesn't help.
>
> It works if the bounty is worth someone sacrificing their free
> time to do the work.  For example, I'd attempt fixing the bug
> if the bounty were greater than $200, but I don't know if I'd
> be successful, as I've only just started working working with
> the DMD source code.

In fact, you might want to propose matching bounty from the
community on this specific bug to encourage funding.  For
example, make an announcement on the forum that anyone who places
a bounty on the bug in question will receive a matching
contribution from you.  Maybe that might raise the bounty high
enough to get someone qualified to fix the bug.  Or maybe not;
it's just an idea that occurred to me.

Mike