Making a repo of downloaded dub package

Dukc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 5 13:03:29 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 at 08:43:02 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Yeah. I'm fairly certain that that's your only option. dub is
> not designed with the idea that you would be editing the source
> code that it downloads. That's just intended for building the
> code that you are editing. It does support adding local repos
> to get pulled in via dub so that you can have your local stuff
> depend on other local stuff, but when dub downloads something,
> it's really just for its internal use.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

It seems that if I reclone the repo into another directory and
copy it's history (.git directory) into the dub package, it works
except that DUB or something else has converted the line endings
to wrong format. I have not tested this throughly yet so I'm not
sure it does the trick but may be worth trying if somebody else
has the same problem.