DerelictGL3 slow compilation speed with contexts

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 13 01:30:10 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 21:55:23 UTC, Igor wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I switched from using free functions in DerelictGL3 to
> DerelictGL3_Contexts and compilation speed in optimized build
> using DMD went from 2 seconds to 7 minutes and using LDC from 2
> seconds to 10 seconds. Is this a known problem? Are there any
> workarounds?

The support for contexts is still relatively new and I've
received no feedback specific to it since I first released it in
the 2.0 alpha. Given the heavy use of string & template mixins,
it's possible I'm hitting a corner case somewhere. In my simple
tests, I haven't seen it. So the only way I'm going to be able to
narrow it down is with a minimal example that I can compile and
test with. Is there anything you can give me?