DerelictGL3 slow compilation speed with contexts

Igor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 13 10:28:26 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 at 01:30:10 UTC, Mike Parker
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 21:55:23 UTC, Igor wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I switched from using free functions in DerelictGL3 to
>> DerelictGL3_Contexts and compilation speed in optimized build
>> using DMD went from 2 seconds to 7 minutes and using LDC from
>> 2 seconds to 10 seconds. Is this a known problem? Are there
>> any workarounds?
>
> The support for contexts is still relatively new and I've
> received no feedback specific to it since I first released it
> in the 2.0 alpha. Given the heavy use of string & template
> mixins, it's possible I'm hitting a corner case somewhere. In
> my simple tests, I haven't seen it. So the only way I'm going
> to be able to narrow it down is with a minimal example that I
> can compile and test with. Is there anything you can give me?

Well since minimal example is a window app that opens a window,
sets everything up and calls opengl stuff I will just push it
to my github project this evening and you will can try with that.
I will let you know when its done.

In the meantime I can tell you that it seems that the main culprit
for long compile time is "-inline" compiler option.