Gui framework

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Wed Aug 1 19:10:00 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 1 August 2018 at 18:40:26 UTC, Everlast wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 August 2018 at 17:24:23 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 1 August 2018 at 15:28:32 UTC, Greatsam4sure
>> wrote:
>>> Please help me recommend a gui toolkit for dlang,  that has
>>> the following
>>> * work well on windows
>>> *look native on windows
>>> *support css styling like adobe flex
>>>  spark toolkit and javafx
>>> *Support theming and skinning
>>> *support custom chrome. That is easily
>>>  customizable.
>>> *Integrate well with dlang.
>>> *Has fairly OK tutorials
>>>
>>> I will appreciate your help(s)
>>
>> You could look at Delta. It is a bridge between Delphi and D.
>> That means you can design your application visually in Delphi
>> RAD Studio using the great UI toolkit Firemonkey. But every
>> line of code is written in D. It combines the best of 2
>> worlds. Embarcadero released a community version of Delphi
>> some weeks ago.
>>
>> https://github.com/andre2007/delta-core-10-2-1
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Andre
>
> Interesting... how well does this work? mind creating a bit
> more useful example that shows off things? It's nice to have a
> hello world but the lure is not strong enough for me... Hello
> worlds generally work but without a more complex example I can
> only assume that it probably will be a PITA when creating a
> real app.

The prototypes I created so far, also a complex application,
worked well. What definitely is missing, only a small subset of
the available Delphi components are wrapped. Creating/enhancing
existing wrappers is rather easy (see e.g.
https://github.com/andre2007/delta-fmx-10-2-1/blob/master/source/FMX/Memo.d)

I tried to create a Pascal parser which should generate the D
wrappers but stopped due to time constraints.

Kind regards
Andre