Phobos docs in pdf?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Aug 17 11:49:35 UTC 2018

On Friday, August 17, 2018 5:19:11 AM MDT SeanC4S via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> I used CUPS to print as pdf individual pages from the standard
> library. I want to get all the basic information I need easily at
> hand.
> I used unpredictableSeed in my code.  It seems to be a property
> of something somewhere.
> I hope it is thread safe.  Who knows?  I guess I'll look at the
> source code like you say to try to understand.
> The plan is to use D as a low level programming language as much
> as possible.  In particular to maintain the ability to translate
> the code to other languages as easily as possible.
> I wonder if there is an integer bit rotate instruction in D
> somewhere? I see the dmd complier doesn't convert say  s3=(s3 <<
> 45) | (s3 >>> 19); into a rotate instruction like gcc would.
> Maybe I need to find some optimizer settings for dmd.

If really want good optimization, then use ldc. dmd does a decent job, but
ldc is much better. dmd compiles very quickly, so it's likely to be better
for development, but if you want every ounce of performance, it's a poor
choice.

- Jonathan M Davis