Fast OpenGL-based visualization engine mainly for animated two-dimensional graphs

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:32:44 UTC 2018

Is anybody working on a D-based really fast OpenGL-based
visualization engine that supports tessellation of 2d primitives
on the GPU?

For instance, if I want to animate a huge amount of circles (in a
2d-graph) and I would like to only have to send an array of
centers and radiuses and optionally colors, and transparencies to
the GPU and then have the circles tessellated and rasterized
there.

I need this for visualizing and animating huge graphs
(potentially millions of nodes) using the powers present in
modern day GPUs.

I'm interested in both pure-D implementations and wrappers over
open-source C/C++ based implementations supported by Linux.

Does a Vulkan-based implementation in D provide any benefits with
regards to CPU-to-GPU-data-transfer and on-GPU-tesselation?