Fast OpenGL-based visualization engine mainly for animated two-dimensional graphs

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Fri Aug 24 14:03:08 UTC 2018

24.08.2018 16:32, Per Nordlöw пишет:
> Is anybody working on a D-based really fast OpenGL-based visualization
> engine that supports tessellation of 2d primitives on the GPU?
>
> For instance, if I want to animate a huge amount of circles (in a
> 2d-graph) and I would like to only have to send an array of centers and
> radiuses and optionally colors, and transparencies to the GPU and then
> have the circles tessellated and rasterized there.
>
> I need this for visualizing and animating huge graphs (potentially
> millions of nodes) using the powers present in modern day GPUs.
>
> I'm interested in both pure-D implementations and wrappers over
> open-source C/C++ based implementations supported by Linux.
>
> Does a Vulkan-based implementation in D provide any benefits with
> regards to CPU-to-GPU-data-transfer and on-GPU-tesselation?

I also need an engine to draw 2d (and 3d later) primitives like you've
described above. I have a couple of unfinished attempts to make
something like it. My specific is ability to inspect the data using some
treeview widget. I considered GTK and Qt (both pure Qt and Qml) and they
were too complex to make such user interface. The most suitable variant
for me was dear imgui, but now I'm replacing it by nuklear. Generally I
have no complete solution to the problem, but I'd like to join efforts
to create it.