LDC2 win64 calling convention

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Sat Dec 1 12:04:30 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 29 November 2018 at 15:10:41 UTC, realhet wrote:

> In conclusion: Maybe LDC2 generates a lot of extra code, but I
> always make longer asm routines, so it's not a problem for me
> at all while it helps me a lot.

An extra note: I recommend you look into using
`ldc.llvmasm.__asm` to write inline assembly. Some advantages: no
worrying about calling conventions (portability) and you'll have
more instructions available.
If you care about performance, usually you should _not_ write
assembly, but for the 1% of other cases: the compiler also
understands your asm much better if you use __asm.

LDC's __asm syntax is very similar (if not the same) to what GDC
uses for inline assembly.

-Johan