Getting compiler Segfault

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Feb 6 19:12:32 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 07:30:09PM +0000, Ur at nuz via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Monday, 5 February 2018 at 12:20:05 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > On 2018-02-04 13:52, Ur at nuz wrote:
> > > Getting compiler stack overflow when building my project, but
> > > still do not know how to localize piece of code that triggers this
> > > bug.  Maybe this bug is already registered in bugzilla or someone
> > > could give some advice where to dig into?
> > >
> > > Just runed building under gdb and got the following stack trace:
> >
> > Sharing your code (if possible) would help. Building the compiler
> > with debug symbols ("make -f posix.mak DEBUG=1") would help to give
> > file and line info in the stack trace.
>
> I have failed to figure out the source of bug. Seems that my code is
> incorrect somewhere, but compiler crash instead of writing some
> error...
[...]

The compiler should never crash, no matter how bad the input code. An
internal compiler error is always a compiler bug, and a bug report
should be filed. (Though it's probably better to have actual code that
can reproduce the problem, otherwise it will be hard to do anything
about the bug.)

IBM = I Blame Microsoft