Building from source on FreeBSD

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Mon Feb 19 11:43:26 UTC 2018

So I finally got around to building from source.

I have builds working just fine on a variety of linux machines,
it's just a FreeBSD problem I'm having.

So, on FreeBSD, I can build the dmd directory, and the phobos
directory ok.

When building tools directory, most tools get built ok, but the
build process stops during something to do with curl..

------------------------------------
> gmake -f posix.mak -j8  (yeah on FreeBSD use gmake not make)
.
..
... (bunch of stuff builds ok.. then this next line)
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
Error: linker exited with status 1
gmake: *** [posix.mak:77: generated/freebsd/64/dget] Error 1
gmake: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Yes, I do have the FreeBSD curl package installed - curl-7.56.0

Yes, curl is in the path> which curl -> /usr/local/bin/curl

So I can only assume my FreeBSD machine is missing some curl
related library/package??

Any help would be appreciated.