Building from source on FreeBSD

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Mon Feb 19 20:40:06 UTC 2018

On Monday, February 19, 2018 14:41:21 Seb via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Monday, 19 February 2018 at 12:01:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > On Monday, February 19, 2018 11:43:26 psychoticRabbit via
> >
> > Digitalmars-d- learn wrote:
> >> [...]
> >
> > I've never been able to figure this problem out, so I've I
> > always just edited the makefile so that the two programs in
> > CURL_TOOLS aren't built. IIRC, if you use -v to see the full
> > linker command, it's even actually linking to the curl library
> > that's there but somehow not succeeding. It's all quite weird.
> > It's been a while since I dug into it though.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> FYI: https://github.com/dlang/tools/pull/316

It looks like that might actually fix the tools build for FreeBSD on my
machine if the bit that he currently has versioned for DragonFly is used for
FreeBSD as well (and it probably needs to be there for every BSD). I've
never understood why the tools repo builds fine for releases but has never
built properly for me locally.

- Jonathan M Davis